Pre Conference Workshop
PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOP: WEDS 16 MARCH 2022
FULL DAY WORKSHOP: 9:30-16:30
RELAX AND TAKE CONTROL: HOW TO FIND JOY AND EMOTIONAL BALANCE IN A BUSY WORLD
Our lives have become busier than ever before. Stress and anxiety are on the increase, but we can learn to take control of our own wellbeing. With the right tools and understanding, we can improve our creativity, relationships and resilience. It’s a balancing act that is surprisingly simple and delivers a reliable return on our investment for years to come.
Discover a unique blend of modern science and ancient contemplative approaches to resilience and flourishing, in this hands-on workshop. Learn how to cultivate stable wellbeing no matter what’s going on around you. Find out how ancient attention and compassion training can undermine deeper causes of stress like poor focus, rumination, worry and emotional imbalance.
You will learn simple, user-friendly training techniques that go beyond coping strategies, and practise skills that can prevent your 21st century lifestyle being taken over by distraction, overwhelm and anxiety.
- Emotion Skills training
- Hear about the mechanics of emotions (how they work) and how to get them working for you rather than against you.
- Take a special look at how emotions can lead to anxiety and depression, and what to do about it.
- Relaxation training
- Revolutionise the way you wind-down by getting acquainted with the natural state of your body and mind.
- Attention training
- Learn several approaches to find the one that works best for you personally. All ancient, authentic contemplative techniques that have been around for thousands of years.
- Compassion and kindness training
- Explore ancient approaches to a modern problem, focusing on others as a counterintuitive way to stop emotional overwhelm and anxiety.
About your workshops leader
Corey is a PhD candidate researching the underlying causes of anxiety, depression and emotional dysfunction. His research is the culmination of a degree in Psychology and Sanskrit plus more than twenty years studying and translating Buddhist philosophy from Tibetan to English.
Comfortable in a research lab or mountain monastery, Corey’s work and research sits at the intersection of scientific and contemplative tradition. These days he works as a meditation teacher, emotion and stress management coach.
Before any of this, he was a jazz pianist in Toronto, Canada.